These data were collected as part of an international educational project. Schools participated voluntarily and were not part of a representative sample of the school population.
The survey was answered by 22,643 elementary and secondary students across Canada during the 2004/2005 school year. The elementary category includes grades 4 to 8 (secondary 2 in Quebec) and the secondary category includes grades 9 to 12 (secondary 3 to 5 in Quebec).
Note that percentages may not add to 100 due to rounding.
- Number of people in your household
- Participation in Census at School, by age
- Average height in centimetres, by age
- Average hand span in centimetres, by age
- Average wrist circumference in millimetres, by age
- Average length of foot in centimetres, by age
- What colour are your eyes?
- Do you have allergies? (elementary only)
- What do you usually have for breakfast?
- What do you drink when you’re thirsty? (elementary only)
- How many cigarettes do you smoke per week?(secondary only)
- Time spent on sports-related activities in the last week
- Activities done in the last two weeks (elementary only)
- Time spent on various activities in the last week (secondary only)
- How do you get to school?
- Average time spent to get to school
- Average time spent to get to school, by mode of transportation
- What is your favourite subject?
- How many times were you bullied at school in the last year?
- How many times did you drop litter in the last week?
- Which of these gadgets do you have?
- What pets do you have? (elementary only)
- Who do you admire?
- What are your plans for the year after high school? (secondary only)