|Elementary||Secondary||All students||All students||Canadian population, July 1, 2009|
|number of students||%|
• There were no participants in Nunavut.
• It is useful to compare the population of students participating in Census at school with the Canadian population.
• The proportion of students in Ontario and Alberta is almost 50% more than the proportion of those provinces in the Canadian population.
• The proportion of students in Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Saskatchewan is almost equal to the proportion of these provinces in the Canadian population.
• Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and British Columbia would need more student participants.
|Source: Statistics Canada, Census at School, 2010/2011.|
Census at School
The survey is openThis year's project continues until June 30, 2020.