|Elementary||Secondary||All students||All students||Canadian population, July 1, 2009|
|number of students||%|
|Total||19 015||4 339||23 354||100||100|
|Ont.||12 905||2 257||15162||64.9||38.7|
|Alta.||2 459||656||3 115||13.3||10.9|
|B.C.||1 050||164||1 214||5.2||13.3|
• There were no participants in Nunavut.
• It is useful to compare the population of students participating in Census at school with the Canadian population.
• The proportion of students in Ontario is almost 50% more than the proportion of those provinces in the Canadian population.
• The proportion of students in Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick is almost equal to the proportion of these provinces in the Canadian population.
• Newfoundland and Labrador, Quebec and British Columbia would need more student participants.
|Source: Census at School Canada, 2011/2012.|
Census at School