These tables (except Table 1) group the following provinces into the “Maritimes” category because of low participation:
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
This year, there were no participants from the Territories.
In each table, the “Total” represents all the students that responded to the survey.
In Census at School, the percentage of participants by province is not proportional to the percentage of the Canadian population in those provinces. To calculate statistics that are representative of the Canadian population, you need to do weighting.
Note that percentages may not add to 100 due to rounding.
- How important are the following issues to you?
- How many people usually live in your household?
- Does your household participate in the following environmental practices?
- Primarily what type of water do you drink at home?
- In what sport or activity do you most enjoy participating?
- What is your favourite subject?
- Why do you think some kids bully others?
- Memory game
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- Participation in Census at School, by province and territory
- In how many languages can you hold an everyday conversation?
- How long does it usually take you to travel to school?
- Right-handed, left-handed or ambidextrous?
- How do you usually travel to school?
- Which method do you use most often to communicate with friends?