These tables (except Table 1) group the following provinces and territories into the “Territories” category because of low participation:
- Northwest Territories
Responses from Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, and Newfoundland and Labrador were also grouped due to low participation.
This year, there were no participants from Yukon.
In each table, the “Total” represents all the students that responded to the survey.
In Census at School, the percentage of participants by province is not proportional to the percentage of the Canadian population in those provinces. To calculate statistics that are representative of the Canadian population, you need to do weighting.
Note that percentages may not add to 100 due to rounding.
- Participation in Census at School, by province and territory
- In how many languages can you hold an everyday conversation?
- How long does it usually take you to travel to school?
- Right-handed, left-handed or ambidextrous?
- How do you usually travel to school?
- Which method do you use most often to communicate with friends?
- How important are the following issues to you?
- How many people usually live in your household?
- Does your household participate in the following environmental practices?
- Primarily what type of water do you drink at home?
- In what sport or activity do you most enjoy participating?
- What is your favourite subject?
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- Why do you think some kids bully others?
- Memory game